Who Needs an RV Inspection?
The simple answer is – anyone who is considering buying a new or used RV or selling one they own. If you were buying, a pre-purchase inspection performed by an NRVIA Certified RV Inspector provides you with an unbiased view of the condition of the equipment at the time of inspection. If you are the seller, it provides you with a qualified unbiased view to justify the price you are asking for the unit. There are many other answers to this question such as…lenders, insurers, extended services agreement companies and more.
What is an RV Inspection?
- A certified inspection is one that is, first of all, accomplished by an unbiased individual who has no financial interest in the outcome of the inspection.
- Secondly, it is a detailed investigation of the current condition of the RV by an Inspector who has been trained in the science of RV investigation to provide a report of the current condition of the RV.
- The report should consist of numerous sections to include all of the life safety elements within an RV. Photos should also be included to support the report providing confirmation of the findings.
Why are RV inspections needed NOW more than ever?
- The RV industry is experiencing a tremendous growth period and is expected to continue over the coming years. The 22,000 Baby Boomers who are retiring each day are fueling this phenomenal rate of industry growth. With 65% of the pre-owned RVs being sold privately, the thousands of sales taking place without dealer involvement is staggering.
- No one is looking at these RVs and the buyers are blindly purchasing without an understanding of the condition of the RV they are plopping down their hard earned money for…in many cases thousands and thousands of dollars.
- There is great opportunity for the RV inspector who can provide purchasing peace-of-mind and keep future RV owners from buying a money pit. Thousands of Inspectors are needed across the country for this growing industry.